Q. How do I obtain a Marriage license?

A. In Maine, marriage licenses are issued at the town or city level. The couple must visit the town office in person to apply for the marriage license. Different rules apply for residents and non-residents. For information, go to www.maine.gov/portal/family/marriage.html
The phone numbers for our area town halls are:
Kittery:                        207-439-0452
South Berwick:          207-384-3300
Eliot:                          207-439-1813
York:                           207-363-1000

Q. Can I get married at the Nubble Lighthouse or on the beach?

We recommend that you call the York Parks & Recreation Department at 207-363-1040. Currently, the following rules are in place: Both the Nubble and the beach are public places, so legally you can get married there. But you must follow all public rules at the location you wish to use. Some places have metered parking, while other places are permit-only parking. You may not block off or reserve any parking spots. You cannot set up chairs or any type of blockade of an area. There is no reserving of an area; therefore, there can be more than one group of people trying to get married on the same day or at the same time. Please be respectful and mindful of the tourists.

Q. Can I get married at Hartley-Mason Park?

A. Yes, wedding ceremonies may be held in the Park. Please call Jeffrey McConnell, Trustee (207-363-5494) for details and costs. There is limited parking, therefore transportation to and from the ceremony will need to be arranged.

Q. How do I reserve the gazebo at Short Sands Beach for a wedding?

A. The contact for reserving the gazebo for a wedding is John Welch 207-363-3635.

Q. Can I get married on Mount Agamenticus?

A. The lodge at Mount Agamenticus is not available for weddings, but you can register for outdoor ceremonies by calling the mountain office at 207-361-1102 or visit www.agamenticus.org

Q. How do I reserve the pavilion at Fort Foster in Kittery for a wedding?

A. The contact for reserving the pavilion at Fort Foster is Cindy at the Kittery Recreation Dept. 207-439-3800.

Q. I have several guests coming from out of town. Are there any maps or other information available that I can give them?

A. The chamber can provide 25 local maps and 25 guidebooks free of charge.   Additional copies are available for 50 cents a copy. To request material, please call the Chamber at 207-363-4422.