Join our Chamber of Commerce – Become a part of our success!
- Rack space: Your business brochures will be placed in our Rte 1 Visitor Center free of charge. We also provide an opportunity for brochures to be distributed in our Chamber outside rack at a cost of $100 annually, (year round). Members can also opt into distribution of their brochures at our seasonal York Beach Kiosk (May–Oct, 7am-10pm daily, no additional charge when you select at least one of the other locations) or at When Pigs Fly Restaurant, U.S. Rt. 1, Kittery, for $100 annually (year-round), or the Customer Service Booth of the Main Outlet located in Kittery for $100 annually (year round).
- Website Listing: You receive a business listing and member information page in the Member Directory section of the chamber’s website. Your member page content is controlled by you, 24/7, just by signing in with your assigned Log In and Password at www.chamberlogin.com. You are able to track visits to your member page and hits to your external website by signing in and clicking on the Reports option of the member database. In addition, there are many exciting marketing opportunities on our website www.gatewaytomaine.org to promote your business. Please contact us for additional information.
- Expanded Listing: Each member receives a basic business listing in the Member Directory upon joining. With the expanded listing, your business will have priority placement in your business category in the Member Directory.
- Guidebook: Receive a free listing in the annual Gateway to Maine Chamber guidebook. This publication is the official business resource guide for residents and visitors. The guide is published in February and has a distribution of 50,000 copies to members, visitor centers, real estate companies, Maine Office of Tourism locations and at trade shows throughout New England, New York and Canada. As a member you are entitled to place a advertisement in the guide at very affordable rates. Only members of our chamber can advertise in this guidebook.
- Membership in the Maine Beaches Association: Every member of our chamber automatically becomes a member of the Maine Beaches Association, which promotes the southern Maine coast through the State Office of Tourism’s regional grant program. The association attends 7-10 trade shows annually and produces 65,000 copies of a regional lure guide that is distributed at the shows and throughout our marketing area. Our Chamber guidebooks are also at every trade show.
- Mobile App: My Chamber App is a free app for smart phones and your business listing is included free! Each business member will have their Business Name, Address, Phone and Map Link listed. Listing upgrades are available. Remember you can easily update your business information on both the chamber website and My Chamber App by logging into your member information center at www.chamberlogin.com.
- Newsletter: Receive our weekly newsletter, BUSINESS MATTERS, by email. It provides information about chamber events, member news, and other information of which you should be informed. We do our best to limit our emails to once per week; therefore, it is important to be sure your spam folder is not capturing the newsletter email and preventing you from reading it. Newsletters can also be viewed here. Also, within the first month of your membership, you will be introduced to the membership in the newsletter, in the New Member section on the home page of our website, www.gatewaytomaine.org, and announced as a new member in the York Weekly newspaper.
- Icebreakers: You and your employees are welcome to attend monthly Icebreakers, Workshops and any other chamber events. These events provide a wide range of networking opportunities with other business professionals. If you would like to host an Icebreaker at your business the cost is $150. For more details on hosting an Icebreaker, please contact Steph@yorkme.org .
- Affordable Health Insurance: As a chamber member, you are entitled to lower cost health insurance through Chamber BlueOptions. The Maine State Chamber Purchasing Alliance, Inc. and Anthem BlueCross BlueShield offers a package for chamber members that provides 12 health plan choices.
- Reduced Rates on Electricity: In 2013, the Greater York Region Chamber partnered with Gulf Electricity. Because you are a member of the Greater York Region Chamber of Commerce, you are entitled to reduced rates on the provider portion of your electricity bill for both your small business and your home. Switching is easy and the only thing that changes with your monthly CMP bill is added savings up to 6% versus standard offer service. When you enroll with Gulf Electricity using Promo Code: YORKME – you receive a $25 Gulf Cash Card just for making the switch! Enroll here.
- Membership list: Receive a list of chamber members via email that includes contact name, address, telephone numbers and email addresses.
- Newsletter Advertising: Advertise in the newsletter. For information on newsletter advertising, please click here.
- Website Advertising: Place a banner advertisement that links to your business website on a page in the chamber’s website. You are able to track the hits your ad receives by logging into your member information with your assigned Log In and Password.
- Trades and Services Residents Guide Advertising: The residents trades and services guide is published every three years. As a member, you are able to purchase a listing or an ad in the guide and receive discounted advertising rates. You are not required to be a member of the chamber to advertise in this publication.
- Leads List: Free leads list including names and addresses of people requesting information about our area through our website. Should you opt into this benefit, you will receive the same requests for information that are received by the chamber. See additional info about our web opportunities in this packet.
- Referrals: WE REFER OUR MEMBERS ONLY! Any business referrals are made only to businesses that are members of our chamber.
- Self Promotion: Host an icebreaker at your business or a ribbon cutting ceremony if your business is new! We provide the people, ribbon, scissors, and will send press releases to the local media.
- Sponsorships: The chamber has numerous sponsorship opportunities such as our annual Wedding Showcases in the fall and spring, annual Golf Tournament, Farmers’ Markets, Harvestfest, etc. to help you gain exposure to other local businesses and to the public. For more information see the Sponsor, Volunteer and Donations information page.
- Advocacy: Our Chamber maintains affiliations with advocacy groups, among them the Maine Economic Research Institute, the Small Business Administration, the Maine Association of Chambers of Commerce Executives, the Maine State Chamber of Commerce and the American Society of Association Executives. We track legislative issues affecting business. We also provide you with info on SBA loan programs, low cost insurance and upcoming educational opportunities via the newsletter.
- Regional Promotion: Marketing comes in many forms. As an organization, we are members of numerous groups and other associations that promote business, including the Maine Tourism Association and The Maine Beaches Association.
Contact the Greater York Region Chamber of Commerce for details about joining – the voice of business in southern Maine.
GREATER YORK REGION CHAMBER OF
COMMERCE MEMBERSHIP ANNUAL DUES SCHEDULE
Type of Membership
|Each add’l employee over 5||$4|
|Each add’l Licenced prof.||$35|
|Each restaurant seat||$2|
|Additional Category Listing||$75|
|Multiple Advertiser Brochures||$575|
Business Directory Search
Business Directory Or search by business name